Project Manager Apprentice - Property & Construction
Project Manager Apprentice – Property & Construction
Level 4 Associate Project Manager
£18,000 plus excellent benefits (Grade H10)
Remote / flexible working, with occasional travel to Manchester’s office for team meetings and workshops
Start date: Autumn 2021
We’re looking for an ambitious apprentice project manager to join our property team. If you’re a college leaver looking to kick-start your career, this is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact working on all kinds of projects across property and gaining a project management qualification at the same time.
In this role, you’ll develop all kinds of skills and knowledge around property and project management over a two-year period to achieve a level 4 apprenticeship. During the programme, you’ll work on several different rotations across property and construction teams, giving you an amazing opportunity and real exposure to find out what really makes you tick. And as well as getting a permanent role and competitive salary from the word go, you’ll also be gaining a huge range of skills and knowledge as well as an associate project manager qualification, without the burden of student debt.
What you’ll do
• split your time between ‘on-the-job’ (80%) and theoretical (20%) learning
• start out by getting to grips with property, construction and project management basics alongside studying for your apprenticeship
• immerse yourself into several different placements during the programme, building on your skills and expertise
• work closely with a wide range of colleagues across property, construction, project management and food stores teams; working on multiple exciting placements across property, our stores and even in one of our external partners
• learn about key areas of project management, including; budgeting, project planning, stakeholder management, risk and safety consideration, contract and supplier management
• once you’re settled into your role and the team, you’ll gain more and more responsibility; taking on key tasks within projects and possibly even taking on smaller projects as you build confidence and capability
This role will suit you if you have
• an interest in building a career in project management or property
• a desire to study while you work, applying what you learn to your role
• the ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
• good communication skills (written and verbal)
• 5 GCSEs at grade 4 / grade C and above – including maths and English language
• no current qualifications at Level 4 or higher in project management or a related subject
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test