IT Support Apprentice
Schroders Personal Wealth combines Lloyds Banking Group's significant customer base, multi-channel distribution and digital capabilities with Schroders' investment and wealth management expertise and technology capabilities.
Our focus is on the personal relationship we develop with our customers, underpinned by our multi-channel customer reach and our global investment expertise. Our aim is to become a top UK financial planning business within five years.
Would you like to be part of making this possible?
We have built a greenfield infrastructure environment for Schroders Personal Wealth through a number of strategic transformational initiatives including the provision of a new fully cloud based digital environment.
The Infrastructure and Technical Operations function is responsible for the development and support of infrastructure, client environment, collaboration technologies and telephony for Schroders Personal Wealth. Key to our success is the new modern digital workplace proposition and we are looking for an apprentice IT Support Analyst to assist the team in supporting our Internal Colleagues. The successful candidate will work as part of the Infrastructure and Technical Operations Team supporting a wide range of Infrastructure and business support systems.
Responsibilities of the team include:
- Device, Application & Data Management
- Collaboration & Unified Comms (Voice, Video, SharePoint, Email)
- Office Engineering (Telemetry, Add On management & governance)
- Process Automation
- Active Directory/Identity & Access Management
- Integration of Cloud based systems to the environment (SaaS, PaaS, IoT)
- Networks (WAN, LAN and WiFi)
Could you help?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is looking to begin and progress their career in IT. As one of our Support Analysts you will interact with both business colleagues, other members of the SPW IT team and external suppliers to support infrastructure solutions and applications across the organisation.
What will you be doing?
- Picking up, servicing and managing online queries.
- Troubleshooting - Calling colleagues to discuss their issues, gather further information and providing solutions.
- Providing Triage services and, where required, co-ordinating with the relevant team/supplier to manage any issues through to resolution.
- Providing logistical support including arranging for equipment to be sent to and collected from colleagues
- Adhere to consistent call process to provide first class customer service to colleagues
- Taking responsibility for personal development through discussions with line manager
- Inputting ideas and contributing towards service enhancements
So what about your skills?
We'd be looking for varying levels of exposure to some of the following areas :
- Use of MS Windows and how to access and change settings
- Collaboration tools (Voice, Video, SharePoint, Email)
- MS365 Product Suite (Previously Office 365 - Including but not limited to MS Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business)
Beyond the technical elements
- Minimum GCSE Grades C/4 and above (or equivalent) in maths, English and Computer Science / IT
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information to colleagues at all levels
- Experience of customer service/support either face to face or over the phone/electronic channels
- Proactive and confident, with an appetite to learn new skills in a fast moving environment
- Evidence of working well individually with limited supervision and also in a group forum
- Whilst skills, knowledge and prior experience are meaningful to us we want people who are highly motivated with an inquisitive approach to work and a willingness to challenge the status quo.
- We're also a people business and to support these huge technical endeavours you'll need a range of interpersonal skills and take a collaborative approach.
So if you have the drive we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.
As part of the application process, we would like you to include a video, lasting no longer than 5 minutes, answering the following questions:
- Why do you want this role and why are you the best candidate for this role?
- What do you believe is the most exciting technology product and why?
- What do you know about SPW?
Please email your video to with the subject "IT Support Apprenticeship_YOUR NAME_DATE OF APPLICATION SUBMISSION_TIME OF APPLICATION SUBMISSION"
Our ethos is to provide equal opportunities to all, and to ensure we represent the communities we serve.
If like us, you're more motivated by customers than by target, and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led - come and talk to us. Apply Now to start the conversation.