Graduate Data Analyst
Role: Graduate Data Analyst
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2FA
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: GBP20,000- GBP22,000
Who are Euro Garages?
EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of ???20bn (surpassing ???25bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides grocery, merchandise, fuel and food service to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.
What will my role look like?
Our rapidly expanding Fuel Pricing / Analytics team is looking for a recent graduate with an aptitude for numbers to produce in-depth reports from large amounts of data in order to inform business decisions. This would be an ideal first role for a bright and driven graduate with an enthusiasm for problem solving within a team well known for development and progression. You will be mentored, trained and given the opportunity to forge your own path in the business, alongside colleagues who have also progressed within their roles.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Maximising business potential by converting large amounts of data into valuable insight
- Provide support to senior management through regular summaries and performance updates
- Analyse market elasticities and gain an understanding of consumer behaviour
- Design and update a variety of optimisation and predictive models
- Produce reports on a regular basis to show impact of key business decisions
- Undertake pricing reviews with site, area, and regional managers, using analysis and local knowledge to improve the sites performance
- Use analytic techniques to test ideas or check the effect of individual factors, either at a single site or for the estate overall
Do I have what it takes?
- Educated to a degree level in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledgeable and able to use all Microsoft Office, in particular Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to a deadline, alone or as part of a team.
- Good problem solving skills
What's in it for me?
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it's our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day.
Competitive Annual Leave - We know our employees work hard so we offer competitive annual leave allowances so you can enjoy well deserved time off work!
Work Anniversary Awards - We appreciate how loyal our employees are and to say thank you we reward colleagues when you hit milestones!
Employee Discounts - You will be entitled to 15% off our food-to-go brands and 10% our retail stores, not only this our EG Cares platform entitles you to exclusive discounts at a variety of clothing / retail stores, restaurants, cinemas and much more!
Free Parking - We have free onsite parking at our Head Office in Blackburn which is safe and secure with 24hr CCTV!
Waterside Cafe - With the opening of our new head office we are revolutionizing lunch time with a state of the art employee area for colleagues to relax, dine and unwind. In house Chefs will freshly prepare meals from a large menu incorporating a variety of different cuisines which will change daily, and meals will be provided at incredibly low prices!
Cycle to Work Scheme - We care about your health and encourage employees to cycle to work, we can help you save money on a new bicycle!
Employee Assistance Programme - Telephone counselling and confidential support for personal / legal / medical / health and wellbeing issues is now available 24/7 for our employees through our EG Cares Employee Assistance Programme!
Death in Service -At EG Group, we believe employees can be their best when they feel supported and have benefit plans that give them security and peace of mind!
Learning & Development - We are committed to helping you develop new skills to be the best version of you!
Our People - You will work alongside our amazing employees, have fun and be a part of our family!
Free Eye Test - As a valued EG Employee you will be eligible to receive a free eye examination every two years!
Progression & Career Opportunities - We look to promote and progress our employees within the business and we are very passionate about internal progression! As the business expands it opens new opportunities for growth??? the opportunities really are endless with Euro Garages
Compassionate Leave - We care about our employees and offer 3 days paid compassionate leave