Commercial Graduate (Quantity Surveying)
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to gain a detailed understanding of housebuilding from one of the sectors market leading 'Place Making' companies. This position will also give the candidate clear experience on the role of the planning system and processes behind acquiring land, site selection and procuring new land opportunities, as well as developing a wider understanding of house building and the unique Berkeley approach to creating sustainable communities.
- Development understanding of Berkeley Group - Core Commercial Procedures (This will become key to procedural processes within the role).
- Weekly update of Sub Contractor procurement trackers
- Chasing up Sub Contract tender returns.
- Compiling tender return review sheets for review with SQS and QS
- Use of Bluebeam software to carry out measurements for cost plans, budgeting and checks on variations/tender returns.
- Carry out physical on site check measures for cost planning and checks on variations.
- Take offs/Scheduling for Cost Plans/Budgets.
- Setting up scope of works templates.
- Creating Contract packs for sign off.
- Attendance of Site Meetings/Cost Report Meeting.
- Update and monitor site labour expenditure against budgets.
- Assist in review of Sub Contractor valuations/variations applications.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.