Digital and Technology Degree Apprenticeship
Looking for an apprenticeship with a difference? We’ve got news.
As one of the leading names in the IT business, we’re looking for amazing people to be part of our team. We want you to help drive some of the most exciting IT opportunities available. We offer a fantastic working environment with great support, plus loads of training and benefits too.
Our Degree Apprenticeships are great for school/college leavers that want to learn whilst earning at the same time. Not only will you enjoy the benefits of a permanent, full-time employment contract, you can look forward to the structured training, hands-on learning, and the support and encouragement you need to get your career off to a strong start. You’ll be proving yourself from day one – solving problems, taking responsibility, making decisions, working on classified mission-critical projects.
During your apprenticeship, you’ll study for a recognised technology qualification. What’s even better is this learning is complemented by on-the-job training on real projects, so you can start to develop your career from day one. We’re a company that each day enables the transfer of £3 trillion, protects against 43 million cyber-attacks, drives two thirds of the world’s SMS messages and employ 78,000 professionals from hundreds of locations worldwide. Having the opportunity to work on projects such as these and with open-ended prospects for advancement, you’ll have every opportunity to reach the top.
Join our degree apprenticeship and you’ll study towards a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions degree at the University of Winchester one day per week and spend the other four developing your career at CGI. You can shape and develop your career throughout the course of the programme then continue with us after graduation.
We offer two specialisms:
- The Software Engineering specialism is designed for those who want to pursue an IT/Computing career in roles such as Software Testing, Software Development or IT support. We currently have opportunities based in our Chelmsford (Essex) office.
- The Business Analysis specialism is designed for those interested in Business Analysis or Management careers. We currently have opportunities based in our Bristol office.
This course will take three years to complete and with our sponsorship, you won’t have to pay a penny in tuition fees. You’ll also benefit from a competitive starting salary and all the support you need to succeed. We’ll even provide the course resources and materials required, so there’s no need to worry about textbooks either and you can use the laptop you are given when you join CGI to use at University. Individuals who participate in the scheme are able to access the same learning opportunities as those who go down the traditional route of direct entry into college or university.
During the course of your apprenticeship, you can expect to study a variety of modules which will get your career off to a flying start. You’ll have support throughout and your learning is also complemented by on-the-job training on real projects at CGI, so that you can practice what you’re learning in the classroom, in the workplace!
What you’ll get
Due to the nature of our business, you work on ‘projects’. This means you have the opportunity to work across a wide range of roles related to your apprenticeship, work with clients in different industries and locations, there is no ‘typical day’. You could work in everything from software testing, bid management, software engineering, business analysis and project management to name a few.
The best thing about joining us is that while you may start in one of these areas, the opportunity to move internally is huge, so you can take control of your career from your first day. Our undergraduates have worked on top-secret national security projects, played their part in securing Europe’s major satellites, and helped win multi-million pound contracts. It really does vary at CGI and that’s the exciting thing, it is up to you to shape and develop your career in the direction you want to go with the support of others.
To support you, you will have designated managers who will look after you on a day-to-day basis and be on hand to support you with your career development and professional conduct at CGI. You will also have a ‘Buddy’ which is a current or graduated student of a school leaver programme to help you with anything else you may need.
Location of the role
We recruit apprentices into our Bristol and Chelmsford offices. As CGI is a consultancy, your projects could be based from other locations asides from your base location, and you should therefore be prepared for travel in your role.
- To have or be predicated to achieve at least 120 UCAS points across three A-Levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above (excluding General Studies) gained in the same academic year or a completed Advanced IT Apprenticeship.
- For the IT focused programmes, your A-Levels (or equivalent e.g. BTEC etc) should include an IT related subject, unless you can show programming/development ability through work experience or extra-curricular activities. Please note, we encourage applications if you have not met these grade requirements but have extenuating circumstances.
- A minimum of five A*-C GCSEs (or equivalent grades 4-9 on the new grading scale), including English, Maths and Science.
- Our apprenticeships are designed for candidates with A-Levels (or equivalent e.g. BTEC etc) who do not yet have a degree in a related subject. If you are working towards a degree, or already have one, please see our Industrial Placement and Graduate Programmes.
Please note: We will need to see original certificates for all qualifications. Due to UK Government security requirements we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the unrestricted right to live and work in the United Kingdom, and have lived in the United Kingdom for a minimum of 5 years with no breaks of 28 days or more.
If you have any questions regarding our entry requirements, please contact us at email@example.com
Ready to be part of Generation CGI?
If you’ve got what it takes to succeed with CGI, we’re here to support you all the way. Apply now.