Hair Salon Traineeship – Positions across Somerset!
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Are you eligible?
Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
Are you aged 16 to 24?
The ideal candidate for this traineeship will be an enthusiastic person with a passion for beauty and hairdressing, and a desire to start a career in this dynamic industry.
Some typical tasks will include:
- Preparing work stations ready for treatments
- Sanitising and cleaning between clients
- Making drinks for clients
- Washing and drying towels and gowns
- Shampooing hair
- Greeting clients and general salon duties
Training to be provided
- Functional Skills English & maths at level 2
- Full-on the job training
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Desired skills and qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Some understanding of how to deliver effective customer service
- People skills
- Good at working as part of a team
- A real enthusiasm for wanting to work in the beauty and hair industry
- Enthusiasm to learn
Our Training provider
Established over 12 years ago, the L&F Training specialises in work-based training. We offer bespoke school provisions as well as apprenticeship training programmes to a growing number of employees and employers across the London, Bristol, North Somerset, Somerset, Devon regions.
At L&F we tailor all our courses to meet both the business and individual learner’s needs. The Training Centres operate the most up-to-date training methods which are delivered by a professional team. L&F is a leading provider within the service training industry and offers top-class courses within Hairdressing, Beauty, Barbering, Retail, Health & Safety, Customer Service, and Business Administration.
What this will lead to
When the course finishes you will receive an interview with the employer and support from the Traineeships team to facilitate your next steps with the Apprenticeship Programme.
If you feel like you fit the above criteria, please apply and one of our hiring managers will be in contact with you.
Best of Luck!