Laboratory Science (Biology) Apprentice
All GSK products spend time in a laboratory, whether that’s during the development of a new treatment or the testing our products to ensure quality conformance. Our Laboratory apprenticeship will equip you with the skills and knowledge to tackle a variety of scientific challenges working in our R&D laboratories.
The Laboratory Science apprenticeship will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a number of areas. These might include:
- Operating specialist laboratory equipment to test our products and raw materials
- Learning about the process each drug or product follows though to full scale manufacturing.
- Microbiological & environmental sampling and testing
- Archiving and managing samples
- Operating specialist equipment to develop new products
- Developing new technology and processes
- Drug delivery
- Synthetic and analytical chemistry
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Report writing
- As well as these, you will also develop your personal skills such as reasoning, communication, problem solving, team working, relationship building and influencing.