Apprentice Nursery Assistant
As an Apprentice you will be trained to undertake the same responsibilities as an Early Years Practitioner (Nursery Nurse).
- You will work as part of a team planning, monitoring and evaluating activities for children from birth to approximately five years of age
- You will be responsible for the care and education of the children in the room within a key person structure
- Ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of the children in the room at all times is essential
- You will work to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework
- To support qualified staff with daily routines in the nursery
- To learn the skills of a nursery nurse, (on the job), working practically as part of the team
- To learn how to provide high quality childcare to our children
- Understand the importance of keeping everyone safe and the part you play
- To gain a good understanding of child development and how this is important when caring for children
- To contribute/complete children's observations and records when required
- To build positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues and internal/external professionals
At Mama Bears, you will be working towards a Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months!