CAMHS Healthcare Support Worker - ELFT
To lead in organising and supporting parenting groups both in CAMHS and in the community, with a specific focus on NVR. To support with collecting and analysing outcome data to support evidence-based practice. To be an active team member in the Conduct Disorder and Outreach Pathway, and carry out pieces of work directed by clinicians.
- Engage and support with providing evidence based practice with young people and their families.
- To assist in the development and implementation of group-work programmes for the clients and families of City & Hackney CAMHS CD Team.
- To liaise with and where appropriate participate in joint work with other members of the CD Team CAMHS, and other clinicians in CAMHS generally.
- To ensure that the needs of the client group is paramount, and be aware of and adhere to ACPC & LSCB Guidelines relating to Child Protection.
- To be responsible for developing and maintaining knowledge of local resources and developing working relationships with relevant statutory, voluntary and community groups and organisations.
- With the line manager and supervisor, and in consultation with City & Hackney CAMHS, to construct a job-plan which contains workload targets in line with service needs and local agreements.
- To be fully conversant with Moving and Handling and Security Policies in practice.
- Ensure PMVA (Prevention and management of Violence and Aggression) guidelines are followed when using these techniques to manage patients.
- Ensure you are full trained and annually updated in management of aggression and violence in order that Trust guidelines are followed in the management of violent patients.
- Apprentices should not form part of any Rapid Response Teams but may respond in emergency situations in a supporting capacity, but should not be the first port of call.
- Apprentices may be allocated a small caseload as an associate nurse but this should be agreed with the Nurse Supervisor and carried out under their supervision.
- Routine and enhanced Observations of Service Users may only be undertaken if competencies have been agreed with the supervising nurse
At East London NHS - Children and young peoples centre you will be working towards a Senior Healthcare Support Worker L3 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 18 months