Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
At Egg Day Nursery, you will be working towards an Early Years Practitioner L2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months!
Egg Childcare is a small family business started by Anthony & Briony White in 2010. Our first nursery opened in Sutton, Scotney in a converted chapel and was rated outstanding by Ofsted in 2014. Our second nursery opened in Andover in 2016 in a brand new, purpose built, contemporary building. We have an excellent local reputation and 95% of our parents have come to us due to personal recommendations.
We value hard working, positive people who want to help us to provide the highest standards of Care & Early Years Education. We are proud of our record of developing our staff and promoting internally.
Egg Day Nursery is committed to delivering the highest standards of childcare and Early Years Education. It is our aim to help children become successful learners and confident individuals, through learning opportunities that are responsive to the needs and abilities of each and every child, and will be provided for them in a safe, caring environment, in partnership with their parents and their community.
Duties will include -
- Adhering to all company policies & procedures
- Promote equal opportunities throughout the nursery.
- Liaise with the local authority and other professionals associated with the nursery.
- Work alongside parents/carers of children with special needs to achieve full integration within the nursery and support & include children with special needs in all areas of care and development.
- Liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members.
- Support all staff and promote a happy staff team.
- Take all practical and reasonable steps to ensure the safety & wellbeing of all who use the premises.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times, including company business and any information regarding children or parents.
- At all times abide by the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage and guidelines as laid down by OFSTED and the local authority.
- Interact with children positively at all times, encouraging appropriate behaviour, social skills and hygiene routines.
- Undertake certain domestic duties within the nursery i.e. general cleaning and laundry duties when required.
- Attend and participate during regular parents' evenings and staff meetings outside normal working hours.
- Undertake and participate in a wide variety of training programmes, attend and participate in personal development programmes and appraisals
- Remain flexible with regard to cover within the nursery, especially during busy periods and contribute as a team member.
- Lead by example and act as a role model to all, students, and volunteers
- Complete all qualification assignments & observations for either a level 2 certificate or level 3 diploma as detailed by your training assessor.
Main Responsibilities are based around assisting staff to care and educate children at the setting. This could include:
- Support children with their toileting needs
- Providing social interaction at mealtimes
- Helping children to feed themselves
- Setting up the classroom to do an activity
- Cleaning the classroom and communal areas ready for the children
- Completing planned activities to support children learning
- Preparing resources
- Supervising children on local outings such as walks
- Keeping children safe and free from harm
- Safeguarding children