Early and Emerging Talent Coordinator
5 days left
Working Pattern: Full time (Working from home initially)
Who You’ll Be Working With
If you want the opportunity to work in a team who are passionate about developing talent programmes for Capgemini’s graduates and apprentices, then this job would be perfect for you!
We are a highly passionate, agile team and constantly strive to make a difference.
Working within a team of 4 we deliver over 20 apprenticeships and graduate programmes across our UK business. In 2021 we are hiring over 500 graduates and apprentices into Capgemini and this role will support our ambitions to grow our programmes and invest in our early and emerging talent community.
The Focus of Your Role
↵As we grow our early and emerging talent community we are looking for a new team member to join us who will be crucial to us building exceptional programmes and supporting our graduates and apprentices throughout their programmes.
What You’ll Do
- You will work as part of a passionate and committed team to support our early and emerging talent area to deliver graduate and apprentice programmes across the UK
- As the first point of contact for all graduate and apprentice queries you will support our community and stakeholders with any questions or queries they have
- You’ll own key aspects behind the scenes of the team, including supporting with our week long induction process, owning our intranet pages and compiling reports and data
- You will work with our key suppliers to ensure that our community has the best possible experience whilst on their programme
- Build excellent relationships with the graduate and apprentice community, our business stakeholders and broader teams including recruitment and offer management
- Support the team to create an engaging early and emerging talent community across the UK
What You’ll Bring
- Passion for developing talent
- A positive, can do attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative Spirit
- Self-driven, highly organised, calm under pressure, confident and have a great work ethic to complete tasks and succeed
- Good understanding of customer care and demonstrating it through stakeholders and community engagement
- Credibility, building a strong brand with stakeholders and external companies
- Your time management skills and prioritisation of tasks will be vitally important in this role as you will have responsibility and take ownership of everything you do
- Confident in dealing with people and networking
- A creative problem solver that can come up with bold ideas, is not afraid to share them and embraces change
- Excellent verbal and written communication are a must have! You will be communicating with professionals at all levels
- A good understanding of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Desirably, a passion for social media
What We’ll Offer You
You’ll have a full-time permanent role from day one, and a competitive starting annual salary
You will be joining a supportive team environment with huge potential to grow and develop within your role.
You will study part-time for your Level 3 Business Associate Apprenticeship through our provider, Multiverse and will be able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs