IT & Network Support Engineer Apprentice
Established in 2008, LAN3 was founded on the principle of becoming the partner of choice for the UK’s leading corporations, public sector organisations and educational establishments by helping increase our customers' business success through the effective use of innovative networking solutions and services.
LAN3 focusses on a small number of established and emerging 'disruptive' technologies to power and manage customer networks, ensuring our clients have expert access to the latest secure infrastructure technologies.
For ultimate peace of mind, underpinning this is our comprehensive range of professional services, technical support and managed services. From up front consultancy, design and installation through to technical support, training and 24/7 proactive management, our customers can rely on LAN3 to optimise the performance, stability and security of their network infrastructure.
As an IT & Networking support technician you will be expected to be reactive to a multitude of issues as they arise. Problem solving and time management skills are a must, with customer Incidents requiring timely fixes to maintain LAN3’s service centre SLAs.
You will be the primary point of contact for all customers requiring support, with an expectation to further troubleshoot and escalate through to Tier 2/3 or vendor support as appropriate.
Cases are shared between multiple engineers, so a thorough and methodical approach to note taking and case documentation is vital.
LAN3 operate a fully managed service, and part of your responsibility will be to ensure that customer SLAs are met and provide a pro-active support service.
As a member of the team you will be required to provide on-call support to LAN3’s customers across the UK, responding to all cases and managed service alerts as they are raised.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Providing 1st line technical support
- Primary point of contact for clients with network related issues
- Logging & managing all calls to SLA on service management system from inception to successful closure; ensuring calls are handled correctly
- Performing initial investigation and/or troubleshooting of system and network issues to determine root cause
- Completing upgrades for customers with a LAN3 Managed Service contract
- Managing & monitoring customer networks
- Referring client requests for advice & consultation to team lead/account manager where necessary
- Maintaining suitable lines of communication with all staff & clients by various means; email, meeting schedules, shared documents, Lync, phone, mobile
- Produce predictive wireless survey reports for potential customers
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Comfortable supporting customers using a support tool, email, voice, and/or remotely connected to machines to identify, research, and resolve a variety of technical problems and requests
- Customer-service orientation
- Focus-tasking and prioritisation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills at all levels, technical through to management
- Ability to adapt to varying demands
- Passion and commitment to excel
- A passion for working with people and the ability to quickly build rapport
Desired qualification requirements:
Must have 3 GCSEs A-C/9-4 Grades including Maths and English grade D/3 or Equivalent)
Working week: 37.5 Hours a week
Salary: £12,000 - £14,000 per Annum
Have employed multiple apprentices over the past few years and potential secured position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.