IT Support and Installations Apprentice
This is a cutting edge technology solutions company, providing EPOS and self-service technology to hospitality Businesses.
The Company has a track record of developing apprentices to advance within the company and continue in full time roles following the apprenticeship.
The role will give the apprentice a good broad understanding of the company and its products and as such will open up many opportunities.
The role will be a broad role covering both product and technical support, so will develop both soft and hard skills. The role will be primarily office based, with some travel to client sites required.
- Respond to support calls, emails and instant messages from customers in a timely fashion
- Assist customers in resolution of technical issues and escalate to second line support or management as appropriate
- Answer customer queries relating to use of the applications
- Document issues and resolutions on company helpdesk system
- Recreate issues and test fixes
- Attend Skype calls with customers to solve specific queries or demo features
- Build, test, and prepare technical components for delivery
- Carry out network and equipment installations at customer sites
- Answer onsite training queries and questions where possible, or take away to find an answer from another member of the team
- Assist with the build out of the product and agent’s knowledge base and interactive help flows
Desired skills and qualities:
- Confident communicating with customers via chat, email, phone, Skype and face-to-face
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for IT
5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The right candidate will have the opportunity to continue in a more advanced support role, with the possibility to specialise in technical support, help desk support, or customer on-boarding. There could also be opportunities for other roles in the organisation.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.