Pen-Testing Consultant Apprenticeship
3 days left
- 12-18 months
About Pentest People:
Pentest People offer a wide range of services from application testing (web, mobile, API), infrastructure testing, social engineering (phishing, vishing, physical intrusion) and cloud testing. All our consultants are given the opportunity to try every area of testing, and specialise in whichever one they prefer.
We are a pen-testing firm; so if you love breaking things, hacking or just want to take the red pill and go down the rabbit hole, we want to hear from you!
We welcome creativity, and want you to show us your personality and flair when working here. We are a consultancy, so having intriguing and passionate people in the business is very important to us!
Upon completing your apprenticeship journey, you will become a qualified security consultant with us.
Initially you will be completing an Infrastructure apprenticeship at Level 3. This will be supported by day to day responsibilities on our Dark Web Monitoring service desk, shadowing our Senior Consultants and performing simple security assessments and penetration tests.
The Dark Web Monitoring Service Desk supports our clients who are actively being monitored. You will handle customer enquiries and help to troubleshoot and diagnose these queries.
Working closely with Senior Security Consultants, you will then help to present a solution back to client.
Position: Pen-Testing Consultant Apprenticeship
Job type: Full time Apprenticeship
Location: Leeds offices
- Handling technical and IT queries via chat, email, or phone call
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical and IT problems
- Working with Senior Security Consultants to provide solutions to technical queries
- Escalation of issues to Consultants or Senior Consultants as necessary
- Maintaining and updating ticket system
- Making and maintaining accurate records
- Supporting internal colleagues with hardware enquiries
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Diagnosing errors which may arise in technology
- Installing or changing software to fix issues
- Installing or changing software to provide system updates
- Remotely accessing technology to implement fixes where users cannot do this themselves
- Working closely with business partners and clients to provide support
Desired skills, experience and personal qualities:
- Established computer skills - Preferably work experience or a GCSE/BTEC
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Good customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Passion for technology / Specific passion for Cyber Security & Pen-Testing
- Good teamwork
- Strong punctuality
- Commitment to learning new skills
Minimum 5 GCSE’s
- English and Maths GCSE at grade 5 (C) or above
- 3x other GCSEs grade 9-5 (A*-C) in any subject
Upon the completion of this programme, you will progress onto a Level 4 Cyber Security apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.