IT Technician Apprentice
2 days left
- 12-18 months
1st Technologies is a market leading global supplier of high-end refurbished IT equipment and we are actively looking to recruit an apprentice IT Technician to join our rapidly growing and fantastic team in Ribchester.
We have built an outstanding reputation and for over 20 years maintained our commitment to quality, customer service and ease of doing business. We have significant customer presence worldwide and we are a well-respected member of the global computer broker market.
At 1st Technologies Ltd, the health, safety and wellbeing of every employee is our priority.
Throughout this pandemic, we have taken practical steps and implemented robust measures, to ensure the welfare of employees and clients such as adhering to social distancing regulations, supplying hand sanitiser, face coverings, and following isolation guidance. As per the governments advice employees who are able to work from home are now working remotely until further notice.
We offer competitive remuneration packages, as well as an opportunity to work in a rewarding environment with great progression and development opportunities where people are recognised.
You will have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Your role will involve refurbishing IT equipment such as servers and workstations.
Responsibilities will include: [but are not limited to:]
- Cosmetically grade and refurbish a wide variety of IT hardware
- Test and update decommissioned ex-corporate equipment
- Disassemble major brand PC’s, servers, and workstations
- Assemble orders specific to customer requirements
- Test and install operating systems
- Clean and sort components such as CPU’s, RAM, HDD’s etc.
- Use and maintain hand tools
- Add, edit, and remove items from the inventory system
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and safe working practices
- Work closely with team members to update work instructions and improve processes
- Adhere to company quality, environmental, health and safety procedures
- Assist in the development and implementation of corrective and preventative action to ensure a high quality of product.
Personal specification: [The candidate we’re looking for will have / be able to:]
- Able to effectively listen and communicate with colleagues and management
- Eager to learn new skills and be responsible for your personal development
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and lift equipment weighing approx. 25kg
- Have a good understanding of IT hardware and an interest in technology
- A team player who is willing to show initiative and go the extra mile
- General work experience
- 5 GCSE’s including a minimum of grade C/4 or equivalent in English and Maths
Salary and Working week:
- £180 - £200 per week
- 40 hours a wekk - Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Benefits / What we can offer you:
- 30 days annual leave
- Companywide reward scheme
- Company laptop
- Wellbeing and support initiatives
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Fully equipped canteen
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.