Apprentice (Engineering Technician)
4 days left
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
What do we look for in our Apprentices?
- We look for people who are passionate about maintenance and innovative technology
- People who enjoy problem solving and getting hands on in their work, and want to deliver the exceptional, every day
- You should be able to engage with and enjoy the theoretical side of the course which has a maths and science base.
At Mitie, our aim is simple: we work to deliver the exceptional, every day. Exceptional workspaces, served by exceptional colleagues.
You'll earn as you learn, getting rewarded for your hard work as you gain vital on-the-job experience with respected companies.
We are an inclusive workplace, and we'll do all we can to support you on every step of your journey. You can be you at Mitie; all that matters is your ambition to become a competent and effective technician or engineer.
Minimum criteria - Maths, Science & English GCSE Grade C/Level 2 or above
Our Starting Salaries for Apprentices at Mitie are GBP15,000 (GBP17,000 in London)
Learner will need to be able to travel to Oxford weekly for College. Mitie will fund public transport costs for College days within reason.
Job objectives and responsibilities
?? To support the business and operational requirements of modern integrated engineering.
?? Apprentices will need to apply a range of conventional skills and knowledge to undertake engineering activities on a selection of electromechanical and process control plant, systems and equipment.
?? Apprentices will undertake installation, testing, servicing, removal, replacement, maintenance and repair of a range of equipment, apprentices may also be required to undertake decommissioning activities.
Apprentices will work towards completing the Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician level three apprenticeship
'Taking advantage of the opportunity offered'
- To recongnise this is a client facing role and therefore behave in line with company values, whilst staying true to whom they are as a person
- To fully commit to developing their technical and behavioural know-how
- To attend and pass all courses, assessments and training
- To raise and concerns and queries with the line manager and Apprenticeship manager as appropriate
- To ensure they attend all reviews and meetings with the apprenticeship manager/team, line manager and provider
- To comply with all company, Provider and mitie policies and procedures
- To attend the site, NVQ and Training Provider institute on the required dates and times
- To ensure coursework does not fall behind schedule
- To maintain accurate and up-to-date records to the specified standards at all times for the site, NVQ and Training provider institute
- To ensure that all collage assignments are handed in on time
- To keep designated manager/supervisor aware of progress and in particular to ensure that any coursework (NVQ) requirements are known
- To be pro-active and involved when looking at forthcoming in-company work
- To make records available for review as and when requested
- To represent the company in a courteous and professional manner
- To ensure that personal and colleague health and safety is of upmost priority when working, and if in any doubt to not complete activities , and to raise concerns with managers
- To adhere to agreements, terms and conditions that is stated in their contract
For any such queries or a copy, then the Mitie TFM HR Admin hub should be contacted
- *Must have Maths, Science and English GCSE Grade C / Level 2 or above - and be able to provide certificates *
- Has a keen interest in the chosen field/role
- Is passionate and has enthusiasm to take on new skills and develop fresh new ideas
- Is self motivated and hard working
- Has a logical, methodical approach to problem solving
- Has a good level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Energetic and determined, with a strong desire and focus to deliver added value and exceed client and Mitie business targets
- A team player with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, excellent written English and a high level of numeracy
- Good Time management
- Be able to implement change and adjust existing requirements to meet the work instructions
- Exercising responsibilities in an ethical manner
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;