Developing Graduate - Operations
RECRUITMENTiQ is working in partnership with one of the U.K's leading animal feed manufacturers. The company's core business is the supply of livestock feed plus a retail division of 21 Country Stores.
We have an exciting Graduate opportunity to commence a rewarding career path in Operations.
The Graduate Development Scheme (HGDS) will provide the graduate with the training and development required to build the skills and knowledge required to become a highly valued and competent member of the team.
The HGDS is a structured programme to meet the requirements of various departments within our business.
The primary objective of this development scheme will be to supply our business with qualified employees capable of applying theoretical knowledge, understanding our technology, our business needs, our customer requirements, and contributing to the success of our business.
The HGDS will aim to provide graduates with a broad knowledge of the organisation along with practical experience in a range of departments. Graduates will undertake on-the-job training alongside internal training courses to gain an appreciation of processes, terms, and practices used within the business. Graduates may also attend external training courses to further extend their knowledge and awareness.
During your graduate training programme you will be working on real projects to deliver continuous improvement & innovative solutions to the Group.
The scheme will comprise of 3 years of development and training.
Year 1 - Year 3
Key secondments across various departments with learning objectives in place. Through the various secondments you will experience Logistics & Planning, Manufacturing, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Business processes, Engineering, Stores & Distribution, and Compliance doing real jobs. You will gain valuable experience, you will be on your feet, moving, interacting, learning and developing, and continually being stimulated throughout your day.
You will be given progressive responsibility which will help develop the necessary skills to grow and become future leaders within the business. During year 3 you will be assigned a role best suited to you within Operations.
- Gain knowledge of Harbro, its products, and services.
- Learn how each department functions, its place within the Group, and how it meets company objectives on a day to day basis
- Obtain tools, knowledge, and skills needed to work in each department to which you are seconded.
- When seconded to a department, work as part of the team conducting the processes to provide support in a role as well as looking for ways to improve it
- Use CI tools and techniques to justify and propose changes and agree plan to implement with the department manager
- Complete assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Learn how to communicate with people across all levels of the organisation and external clients
- Learn and utilise formal CI techniques and methodology
- Create relevant project documentation and keep up to date
- Collaborate with wider teams to ensure "all options" are considered and that CI initiatives deliver quantifiable benefits.
- Manage change during delivery of projects with support from a CI/project manager or Head of CI
- Understand the change process and support the teams through the change
- With support from a CI/project manager or Head of CI develop communication plans when implementing change
Skills and Experience
- Relevant Degree qualification
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to engage and motivate others
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Have carried operational management or logistics training courses (desirable)
- Understanding of agricultural industry (desirable)
We are a friendly and hardworking group of professionals who work collaboratively and offer support to each other, creating an enjoyable and sociable place to work.
This role would suit a motivated individual who has exceptional communication skills, an approachable and positive manner.
If you are interested in this position and have the relevant experience then we would love to hear from you with your CV and covering letter.