IT Support Apprentice
Starting as the internal IT department at B M Howarth Ltd, we have expanded to now offer an extensive line-up of IT Support and Software Services. We aim to provide affordable, reliable and honest support and services to clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Halifax-based IT Support Company.
You will work alongside the IT Manager to assist with the day-to-day running of the IT systems.
This will be mostly internal but will potentially lead to fieldwork for our clients.
You will provide maintenance and support for our IT infrastructure and aid in the use of IT across the organisation by being part of the Helpdesk team.
- Delivering 1st line support to staff, responding to incidents, diagnosing faults, and troubleshooting software issues.
- Setup of new users e.g. PC configuration, software installation, licensing, etc.
- Maintaining an IT inventory of hardware and software throughout the company.
- You may be required to visit our branch offices from time to time so a driving license would be advantageous.
- Printer maintenance e.g. swapping toner/waste cartridges.
- Be available by phone, email, etc. during working hours.
- Setup new equipment (e.g. PC's, laptops, printers, projectors, and others).
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
The role requires:
- Passion for IT
- Eagerness & willingness to learn
- Self-task management
This is key to ensuring the IT Helpdesk runs smoothly and in turn, provides a service that the end-users can rely on.
5 GCSE's, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
37.5hrs a week,
8:30am - 5pm.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to continue in a more advanced support role, with the possibility to specialise in technical support, help desk support, or customer on-boarding.
There could also be opportunities for other roles in the organisation.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.