2021 Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Business Administration
About our apprenticeships, is this the right route for you?
As an apprentice you’ll be right in the thick of all the action. You’ll get the chance to expand your knowledge by attending college one day a week, while constantly discovering new and exciting things and learning from our industry experts on the job. If you’re an individual that can work independently and can demonstrate a positive approach to problem solving, then an apprenticeship is the perfect step for you.
We currently have the following apprenticeships available:
Business administration (London)
Can you imagine working with civil servants within national and local government?
Well working as part of the Social Infrastructure team you could find yourself working across a range of public sector projects including education, social care, utilities, health, and business strategy.
Our work stretches from implementing the Department for Education policy reforms on special education needs, through to managing the £19m Adoption Support Fund on behalf of the government. You could be supporting our various project administration teams in the adoption application process or providing front-line support to local authority social workers in arranging attendance at assessment centres. This role will provide experience of contract processes, project management and provide an insight
Local Authority / Government working and relationship management. At the end of all your hard work, you’ll have a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration along with the opportunity for further progression.
Do you have what it takes to join us as an apprentice? We’re looking for individuals with the below characteristics, if you recognise these in yourself, then we’d like to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone that is:
- Professional, proactive and receptive to constructive advice and guidance
- Willing to learn new skills while being able to adapt them
- Aware of their limitations and when to seek help if needed
- Able to work independently when necessary
- Able to take responsibility and pride in their work
- Good at demonstrating a positive approach to problem solving
- Able to contribute to discussions as part of a team
- Able to take a responsible approach to health and safety
What you’ll need to apply
You can apply for this apprenticeship if you have already achieved or are expected to achieve five GCSE passes with graces 4-9. A*-C or equivalent. You must have an English GCSE with grade C or 4 minimum.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how to help.
we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
Who are we?
We’re a management, engineering and development consultancy which works on projects across the world. By challenging norms, we like to solve humanity’s most difficult problems. We’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, and communities in which we operate.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in. From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.