2021 Scottish Modern Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering
4 days left
Who are we?
We’re a management, engineering and development consultancy which works on projects across the world. By challenging norms, we like to solve humanity’s most difficult problems. We’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, and communities in which we operate.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
About our apprenticeships, is this the right route for you?
Interested in one of our apprenticeships but not entirely sure what it entails? Well, as an apprentice you’ll be right in the thick of all the action. It’s a great route into the industry. You’ll get the chance to expand your knowledge by attending college one day a week, while constantly discovering new and exciting things and learning from our industry experts on the job. If you’re an individual that can work independently when appropriate and can demonstrate a positive approach to problem solving, then an apprenticeship is the perfect step for you.
However, it doesn’t stop there. The great thing about an apprenticeship is that you’ll be earning a salary straight away while learning, then eventually gaining a professional qualification. You’ll be given continued support as you develop your skills throughout the program and there is no cost for the training you receive.
So, what is civil engineering all about?
Can you imagine contributing to the design, construction and maintenance of everything around us? Well as a civil engineering technician, you’ll be getting involved in the design, analysis, delivery and overall engineering of many important projects, providing long lasting solutions for everyone involved. Using programmes such as computer aided design and building information management, you’ll learn engineering principles and techniques to help design and deliver infrastructure and buildings. If you have a broad skills base then this is certainly the scheme for you! You’ll get to apply your skills to projects in sectors such as built environment, water, energy, transportation, geotechnics and many more.
What will you get?
At the end of all your hard work, you’ll have the opportunity to become a qualified engineering technician (EngTech). You’ll also gain a Scottish Modern Apprenticeship (SMA) in Civil Engineering consisting of a SVQ Built Environment Design SCQF Level 6 and a NC/HNC in civil engineering.
Do you have what it takes to join us as an apprentice? We’re looking for individuals with the below characteristics, if you recognise these in yourself, then we’d like to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone that is:
- Professional, proactive and receptive to constructive advice and guidance
- Willing to learn new skills while being able to adapt them
- Aware of their limitations and when to seek help if needed
- Able to work independently when necessary
- Able to take responsibility and pride in their work
- Good at demonstrating a positive approach to problem solving
- Able to contribute to discussions as part of a team
- Able to take a responsible approach to health and safety
What you’ll need to apply
You can apply for this apprenticeship if you have already achieved national 5 passes with grades A-C or equivalent. A national 5 pass in Maths in grades A-C or equivalent, plus two other appropriate subjects such as English and Science.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how to help.
We support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.