Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
4 days left
- 12-18 months
FootfallCam is a technology company (founded in 2001), started by a team of experienced and passionate engineers with the vision of creating the world class products, both hardware and software to serve the global market. FootfallCam provides innovative, high technology products to customers in the UK and around the world, with offices in the UK and in the far-east. Our products range from people counting and footfall analytics to major retailers (footfallcam.com), to our award-winning, interactive Magic Mirror (magicmirror.me), to parental webcam (nurserycam.co.uk) and website design for the childcare sector (nurseryweb.co.uk). We are a small, proudly made-in-UK innovative company that has expanded to the global market.
IT Support Apprentice (Level 3 Apprenticeship)
Dealing with colleagues and customers both in the UK and around the world. Will involve assisting the team in varied aspects, including device configuration, customer and IT support.
- Offering both a prompt response and a proactive resolution to all support issues within the SLA
- Answering customer support calls in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Assisting customer as first line technical support to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve the simple issues (for example, checking network details, troubleshoot network connection, username and password)
- Promptly escalate more complex issues to second line technical team
- Support our engineers on setting up the network within the device during installation
- Configure network details on devices (set up IP address, gateway, port forwarding etc.)
- Configure new devices to SQL database on our server
- As the internal IT support to maintain the network within the office and to assist in setting up ad hoc devices into our office network
Hours per week: 37.5 hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
Salary: £10,000 per annum.
Duration of Apprenticeship: 15 months
- Be computer literate
- Have a high level of written and spoken English
- Be organised and able to work under pressure - demonstrate ability to prioritize works and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- As it is our company's business nature to deal with international customers, proficiency in any modern foreign languages (eg. French, Spanish) will be an added bonus but not a requirement
- Friendly and have good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and to be involved in multiple business functions
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- 28 days of annual leave including 8 bank holidays
- Our office is located near a bus stop and the Guildford train station. [On-site parking is also available]
When you have successfully completed your apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to continue with a higher level of apprenticeship (e.g. Level 4-6) or to progress into full time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.