IT Helpdesk Apprentice
You will be working for...
A company with a great new concept in computer support. Allowing their clients to just pick up the phone and one of our skilled technicians will be on the way.
- To support trading room staff, diagnosing and resolving their IT issues with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office and other software.
- To maintain and prepare PC’s, laptops, printers, switches and other network equipment.
- System Administration of Windows Server including: Active directory, DHCP, DNS, Hypervisor, roaming profiles.
- Administration of security software such as Watchguard Firewall, Kaspersky Administration Server.
- Resolving client issues when clients cannot connect to the trading platform.
- Support and maintain Telecoms Infrastructure (Mitel).
- Responsibility for Service Requests (e.g. new starters, moves, leavers).
- Ensure IT documentation is kept up to date.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of security software such as firewalls and anti-virus software.
- Able to produce documentation (technical and non-technical).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must exhibit enthusiasm with a “can do” attitude.
- A constant desire to progress and learn.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
A full time position will be available at the end of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.