Iconology has been established in the industry since 1998. They share their passion by helping others in their IT needs. Their services are tailored for each client as they know one size does not fit all. Iconology has a strong staff with varied qualifications and a joint experience of over 100 years in the industry! They are based in the most stunning location with a fantastic office space which helps attract a superb and committed team.
You will also work on-site doing Installations for our customers who are located in the Kent and London area.
- Work as part of a team to provide technical support for customers’ existing hardware and/or software installations and resolve as soon as reasonably possible using the resources available to you.
- Answer customer phone calls, log support tickets and work on them through to resolution
- Assist to Build and Configure new hardware including Wireless, Switches, Servers, Workstations and Laptops.
- Install, configure and support Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10 Professional or higher) as well as basic support for Server applications.
- Respond to alerts from our monitoring system to provide Pro-Active maintenance, resulting in fewer outages and downtime for our customers.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Good to excellent understanding of Microsoft Desktop operating systems (Windows 10 or higher).
- An understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems, Windows Server, as well as related applications such as DNS, DHCP, SharePoint, Exchange.
- Knowledge in cloud infrastructure such as Office 365.
- Eagerness to learn more and get certified on our core products including Desktops, Servers and networking hardware.
- Basic knowledge of Apple Mac operating system as well as iPhone / iPad device troubleshooting including other mobile vendors (HTC, Google, Samsung etc.)
- Demonstrate a good level of troubleshooting and show the ability to diagnose and resolve potentially complex issues through to their resolution with assistance from 2nd and 3rd line Engineers.
- Excellent and friendly attitude when dealing with customers both on the phone and in person, as well as the ability to explain issues in a way the customer can understand.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills, most of your work will be written and customer-facing (emails, telephone, documentation etc.)
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team to resolve issues, but also work on your own installations and project work when required.
- Beneficial but optional, clean driver’s license.
5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30 (37.5 hours per week)
Possibly full time role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Iconology offers a competitive salary as well as taking pride in offering a fun, friendly and creative working environment.
Lastly, they encourage their staff to play further key roles in their ongoing expansion as they build the business, as such there will be plenty of opportunities to progress your career within the company.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.