Digital Marketing Apprentice
The Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) is a national membership organisation that represents the interests of an extensive number of organisations. Our members deliver the majority of Britain's apprenticeships, traineeships and programmes for the unemployed.
AELP's primary role is to represent the interests of its members, by effectively lobbying on their behalf to government departments and agencies. We work with our members, the government and employers to support the development of policies that deliver high quality, learner-centred, skills and employability services.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- The design, production and build of: websites, html emails, adverts, interactive and print flyers, animated gifs, app interfaces and Twitter cards
- To assist with the establishment and ongoing review of AELP’s online marketing strategy
- To liaise with the Events, Research and Webinar teams to take briefs and support with all digital enquiries
- May occasionally be required to support the running of webinars, answering delegate’s technical queries and troubleshooting
- Really strong Photoshop skills
- At least a basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Creativity and visual flair with an appreciation of commercial objectives
- Technical aptitude with a thorough understanding of digital media handling
- Would be advantageous to have Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and WordPress experience
- At least a basic understanding of SEO and Google Analytics
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and enquiring approach, enjoys figuring things out, aptitude for quickly picking up new technologies and techniques – basically a bit of a geek!
- An eye for detail
- Good time management and the ability to stay calm when dealing with tight deadlines
- Genuine passion for digital design and marketing
- Disciplined: producing polished, tidy, professional work
- Friendly and confident, a good communicator, able to build relationships with different internal departments and external service providers
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
As well having good qualifications and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly lunches in the office
You will have the opportunity to develop a really broad skill-set and gain loads of hands-on experience in a friendly and supportive environment.
You will have the chance to forge and inform new marketing approaches for AELP and ultimately the potential to stay and grow within the team!
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.