Sales and Marketing Relations Apprentice
We strive to allow schools, academies and venues make the most of their facilities, whilst helping provide local communities with access to sport, education, and leisure opportunities. We pride ourselves on taking away the full management of your lettings, ensuring all users receive an industry leading service through our dedicated operations and commercial teams, industry leading booking system, and fully trained and passionate on-site Recreation Teams.
We pride ourselves on providing both our venues and community users with the best-in-class customer service and client journey. As a hirer relations and sales/marketing agent, you will be the lead contact for our current hirers through answering telephone & email queries and managing our online booking system, whilst also assisting in lead generation, digital marketing and sales for our venues.
We are looking for a polite and enthusiastic personality who has previous experience of providing customer service, as well as having previously grown business within the sports, leisure and facility hire industry - preferably through traditional marketing methods and digital marketing/social media.
The expectations of our agents is to have a customer journey focus and can-do attitude approach to our existing hirers and a commercial, driven tact regarding the marketing and promotion of new business at each venue. This role suits somebody who has a passion for the leisure sector, lead generation, digital marketing, the full sales cycle and providing first class customer service.
General responsibilities include:
- Handling incoming hirer queries and requests via telephone, email and our online booking system – you will take full responsibility our hirer needs, wowing them with your support, guidance and knowledge with a can-do attitude.
- Liaise with our Regional Operations Managers to ensure a clear pathway and understanding to guarantee hirer and venue expectations are met – you will demonstrate a team player mentality and be a confident communicator to make sure our on the ground teams can deliver the best-in-class service we pride ourselves on.
- Assist in Identifying venue specific new business needs and take ownership of lead generation – you will work with our central team and directors to identify new business prospects across our venues and take ownership of lead generation, predominantly through social media campaigns including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and digital marketing.
- Designing and managing email campaigns through software, such as Mailchimp.
- Implement strategies and close leads to meet central sales targets – you will take a proactive approach to contacting all leads, having the capability to overcome objection handling, whilst staying calm and positive with potential new hirers in order to complete the sales cycle.
- Analyse and report back your marketing campaign performance – you will have the confidence to report, analyse and feedback to the central team and directors regarding campaign performance to help shape future marketing.
- SEO/Google Ads will be implemented into the role once full Internal and Apprenticeship training has been completed.
- Previous Customer Service and marketing experience
- Good communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Can-do attitude
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Working hours will include both evenings and weekends and will be based at our office in Bolton.
You will work as part of a small team to cover our business hours: Monday - Sunday, 9am - 10pm on a rota basis.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.