Apprentice Customer Care
Driven by a desire to provide an excellent customer experience, this important role finds you at the heart of our business - in our customer dining areas. Your primary responsibilities are to welcome our customers into the restaurant and to use your initiative to help create 'feel-good moments' during their visit.
As a Customer Care Apprentice, having the ability to build rapport with others in a genuine and natural way is key for this role.
This is what your job role will involve:
- Use The 'Vital Ingredients' to deliver hot fresh food, in a clean and friendly restaurant, giving customers a great experience each visit, every time
- Consistently deliver the highest standards of quality, service and cleanliness in the restaurant
- Act as a host; be approachable, friendly and anticipate customer needs
- Make it special - act as a role model - be welcoming, personalise your comments and connect with your customers
- Make it genuine - give the customer your full attention, smile, use eye contact and body language that is enthusiastic and energetic
- Adapt to each customer's needs - be customer confident and provide an individual experience that exceeds their expectations, e.g.:
- Be patient with customers who need help, offer to explain the menu
- Get to know regular customers and treat them individually
- Use positive gestures, e.g. offer to clear trays, help parents with pushchairs or make a child's visit special, direct queues during busy periods
- Support in store events with enthusiasm
- Use initiative and confidence - approach and interact with customers
- Answer customer queries confidently and professionally - keep up-to-date with knowledge on our food and promotions
- Monitor food quality being consumed by customers
- Treat all customers and colleagues with courtesy and respect
- Work as a supportive team member
Quality, Service and Cleanliness:
- Complete tasks and activities in line with training/SOCs, company guidelines and management direction
- Adhere to McDonald's standards of quality, service and cleanliness
- Follow all workplace safety, security and food hygiene procedures
- Follow the 'Fix Up, Work Sharp' guidelines and take pride in your personal appearance
- Take responsibility for your training in all areas; look for opportunities to improve and develop
Alongside your day to day training you will be working towards your L2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard, which will involve a blended social learning experience, delivered on a 121 basis in your work place by one of our expert trainers every 4-6 weeks via face to face visits or remotely over telephone or Skype. The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills and behaviours.
You will also be assigned an Apprenticeship Mentor who will support you alongside your manager and assessor throughout your training and in the run up to your End Point Assessment.
They will coach you from your first day and facilitate your 20% off job training as well as support you with your practical and online assessments.
As an employee of McDonald's you will have access to a wide range of benefits including; Holiday Pay, Free Lunch, Child Care Vouchers, and many more! To see the full list, please follow this link: https://people.mcdonalds.co.uk/restaurant-opportunities/customer-experience-leader/