Management Apprenticeship / Business Administration Apprentice
2 days left
Job Title: Contract Management Apprenticeship
Salary: GBP12,000 per annum increasing to GBP16,000 after completion of Yr 1
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Are you looking to kick-start your career in a role that will support you to learn on the job and gain varied experiences and skills within a Commercial setting? Do you have confidence and drive and enjoy making customers happy? If so, we may have a fantastic opportunity to help you develop a rewarding and fulfilling career.
GB Railfreight is unlike any other Freight Operator in the industry. GB's unique people focused culture has allowed us to continuously perform successfully, grow sustainably and offer job security to our loyal and hard wording workforce for the 20 years since we have been operating.
- We are a logistics provider working with big businesses within construction, manufacturing, rolling stock, leisure and the service industry and this opportunity will give you an understanding of how the UK Economy works.
We are currently seeking three Commercial Apprentices to join our team in Peterborough. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in a career within a Commercial environment.
Working under the supervision of an Account Manager you will learn how the rail freight industry works; how GBRf operates as a business; and how we manage our relationships with our customers.
What it's like to be an Apprentice at GBRf?
This is the 4th year GBRf have run Apprenticeship programmes and we couldn't be prouder of all our Apprentices who have gone on to develop impactful roles and help contribute to the businesses success. As an Apprentice you are allocated sufficient time to study each week to gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your role.
You will get the opportunity to work within other departments to gain a broad understanding of the business and how we operate. You'll get to attend internal Apprentice days each quarter where you can meet fellow Apprentices across GB Railfreight and learn about other functions of the business and how they fit in with your role. As a sponsor of Young Rail Professional (YRP) you may also get the opportunity to attend the YRP annual black tie dinner (post COVID) and attend other enjoyable networking events.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Attend customer meetings with GBRf's Account Managers, take minutes and follow up on actions.
- Oversee the data element and background work that goes into managing customer contracts.
- Collate KPI figures for the team and document improvement measures.
- Review daily billing with our customers under the supervision of an Account Manager.
- Liaise with GBRf's Control department with regards to the contract outputs and day to day management of services.
- We are looking for a positive individual with good written and verbal communications skills and a good eye for detail.
- You will need to be confident with a professional attitude and a keen eye for detail.
- You must have a minimum of 4 GCSE's including English and Maths at Grade 9 - 4 (or equivalent)
- We are looking for good influencing and negotiation skills and a can-do attitude.
- You must be flexible to travel to our locations across the country on occasions (sometimes during unsociable hours) to learn about GBRf and our customers.
If successful, you will also be eligible for a generous healthcare plan, retail discounts, access to free e-learning materials and other fantastic staff perks.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Administrator, Admin, Assistant, Office Administrator, Office Admin, Office Assistant, Business Services Apprentice, Office Associate, Office Support, General Admin, Team Administrator, Team Admin, HR Support, HR Administrator, Trainee Administrator, Apprentice, Business Administrator may also be considered for this role.