IT Helpdesk Technician Apprentice
This is an IT Support business that supports a number of levels with all clients IT needs.
Although typically we serve businesses with between 10 and 500 workstations and servers, our portfolio ranges from working on some of the largest IT networks in the North East to simple one-off PC/server repairs. We are financially stable and have no long-term debt.
Smart IT is going from strength to strength, with our client base having nearly doubled in the last two years to over 600 clients. We are constantly investing in new technologies and resources to ensure the IT services we offer become more efficient and responsive.
• You will be working alongside our first and second line engineers to provide businesses with a centralised IT department
• Providing support for Microsoft Windows desktops and servers, desktop and server software (such as Microsoft Office and Microsoft Exchange)
• Providing support for network infrastructure, desktop/ server repairs and installations
The successful individual will be awarded a 12 month Microsoft Advanced Apprenticeship with QA Apprenticeships.
As the person on the front line, you'll be involved in supporting our clients' IT infrastructure and applications on a day-to-day basis. This will give you an insight into a wide variety of technologies and help you to a great understanding of how our customers work.
You will be part of a team that have the opportunity to influence and contribute to implementing continuous improvements to the way in which we work.
Main duties include:
• Resolving queries
• Problem solving
• Providing technical assistance
• Maintaining ICT equipment
• Installing and configuring hardware
• Resolving faults
• Upgrading or replacement of equipment as needed
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
• Very good communication skills, methodical and logical approach to tasks
• Must enjoy problem solving
• A natural aptitude for understanding technical information
• A genuine interest in IT and technology
• A positive, 'can do' attitude
• Career focused and self-motivated
• A full clean driving license would be advantageous, as there is a requirement for onsite client support, but it is not essential
Desired qualification requirements:
Five GCSE's or equivalent at grade A*- C including English and Maths.
5 days per week,
Monday - Friday,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
You will be paid GBP162 per week whilst in your apprenticeship; if you successfully complete your apprenticeship, you will be offered a competitive salary as a First Line Engineer.
Benefits of the role:
This is an ideal opportunity to earn several industry-recognised qualifications and kick start your career in IT.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the individual could secure a full time position as a first or second line engineer with Smart IT, with a competitive salary, industry recognised qualifications and great prospects.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.