Data Assessment Analyst Apprentice
6 days left
We're 68,000 members in 150 countries, and a wider community of business leaders, educators, practitioners and policy-makers all committed to our mission.
As a charity with a royal charter, our agenda is to lead the IT industry through its ethical challenges, to support the people who work in the industry, and to make IT good for society.
At BCS, we're ensuring the digital journey is safe and positive for everyone, by raising standards of competence and conduct across the IT industry and tackling the ethical challenges we face along the way.
Assist in the collection, validation, analysis and presentation of performance information on our efficiency, market position and the services we provide.
Produce financial and market intelligence by querying data repositories and generating monthly reports.
Assist with the collection and analysis of data to assist in the business forecasting process, in particular trend analysis based on historical data, collection of market analysis statistics from sales and marketing and interrogation of the L&D CRM data for current and future orders.
- Collection and analysis of numerical information for further presentation using diagrams, tables, charts, graphs, and reports;
- Assist with the production of the monthly performance review;
- Identify trends and create models to estimate future circumstances;
- Provide high quality analytics to clearly deliver high quality CRM data, applying a consistent, co-ordinated approach to data management, analysis and application of data integrity techniques/tools;
- Assist with the collation, reporting and analysis of statistical information for management.
- Ensure that internal use of corporate/commercial personal data complies stringently with contractual terms & conditions: there are serious legal implications for breach of such contractual terms. Monitor compliance and refer potential issues to Line Manager for remedy;
- Identify and analyse industry or geographic trends with business strategy implications;
- Apply awareness of data protection implications when producing, maintaining and managing data lists;
- Flexibility is required of all job holders to adjust responsibilities as required from time to time by their Line Manager/Divisional Director;
- There is an expectation that all staff will live BCS' values and support our purpose;
- Continually looking at ways to make improvements to systems, processes and procedures;
- The content and reporting lines detailed in this job description may be reviewed and changed from time to time to reflect organisational requirements.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Competent in the use of standard Microsoft Office products.
- Intermediate/Advanced level of Excel skills (VLookups, pivot tables etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Python.
- Basic knowledge of AWS products.
- Basic knowledge of Power BI.
Ideally able to demonstrate experience of the following:
- Data Modelling using data techniques, tools and applications
- Reporting/administration of a database, ensuring data integrity
Competence & Skills:
- Excellent analytical skills and expertise with statistical information
- Advanced level user of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Excel and Access
- Good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Proactive at identifying problems with data and proposing solutions and improvements
- Able to prioritise own time and workload, under minimum supervision and to tight deadlines
- Able to focus on internal customers, respond to their needs and obtain co-operation, especially to ensure they work within process
- An understanding of Data Protection legislation and implementing best practice concerning the handling of data
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- 5 GCSE's, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Monday-Friday, 9:15am to 5:15pm (35 hours per week)
From Day One
23 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 27 days with length of service
An extra day off on your birthday or during the month of your birthday
3 extra paid days given for shutdown between Christmas and New Year
The Social Club - events and subsidised trips open to all employees
Refer a Friend - If you 'refer a friend' for a role at BCS and they are successful, you would receive GBP750 after 6 months and further GBP750 after 12 months (conditions apply)
Life Insurance paid at four times base salary from day one.
9 day fortnight - a non-contractual benefit where by hours can be condensed from 10 working days into 9 to gain the 10th day off.
Personal days for Band 3 or above - one personal day off per month
BCS Stars - the internal recognition scheme based on the company values. Employees can be nominated across the business to earn points to spend on an online shopping platform.
EAP - Employee Assisted Programme (Counselling, financial and legal advice)
Car parking in Swindon - 90 spaces available after which point employees are expected to pay for their own parking or seek alternative options.
There will be more benefits post probation!
Potential for the role to turn into a Business Intelligence Analyst at the successful end of the apprenticeship.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.