Apprentice Web Developer
Pro-Am Sports Ltd
Do you love sport and would like to work in the sports industry?
Pro-Am Sports is a dynamic, forward thinking, growing business in the sports industry. Pro-Am Sports ethos is that sport is a lifestyle not an activity. It is exciting times for our business and we need hard working motivated individuals to join our team.
Pro-Am Sports has a number of opportunities for someone to start a career, in a vibrant company, in an exciting industry and working with leading sports brands including Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Joma and Stanno etc.
It's important to us that applicants who apply for any role at Pro-Am share our values; commitment, enjoyment and continuous development. Our mission is to create an identity for everyone, by making them feel a belonging and that they can achieve whatever they put their minds too. All driven by the power of sport. Sharing this dream motivates everyone to work in the same direction. It demonstrates commitment.
We are a growing business within the sporting industry, and we are looking for a motivated individual who is ready to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. Great people are the most valuable assets of our business which is why continuous development is key. We want you to grow as an individual and become an expert in your field whilst enjoying what you do because we learn best in moments of enjoyment. People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.
Our vision is to help individuals recognise and understand that nothing is impossible in sports by inspiring them to achieve their sporting dreams and we need you to help us achieve this.
Web Developer & IT Systems.
As part of a small team, the Apprentice Web Developer will help maintain and build on the current IT infrastructure. The day-to-day role will be based on our two systems, our ecommerce platform and our stock control and order management system.
- Working alongside our team to help to build and develop Pro-Am Sports ecommerce website.
- Manage and develop our backend order management system.
- Design and build landing pages on our ecommerce website
- Design and build bespoke customer shops
- Work closely with the team to develop new marketing strategies and help to implement e-mail campaigns.
- Develop individual knowledge base and help pass that knowledge onto the team.
- Social Media Platform Integration and Development
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- The individual will need to be and outgoing
- A good communicator
- Have the ability to learn quickly
- The candidate must have the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge of SQL, HTML, Java, Java Script, PHP is desirable along with a general understanding of Windows and especially Excel
The role is a great opportunity for a recent school/college leaver, with an IT qualification and interest.
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communicator
- Attention to detail
- Can do attitude
- An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- An ability to work independently and as a team
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A*-C including Maths, plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C or above.
Salary and Working hours:
£5.13 per hour,
9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (37.5 hours a week)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.