Food Engineering Degree Apprenticeship - Hereford
Food Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
Are you passionate about starting your career within Engineering? Do you have an ambitious nature that strives towards high performance? Looking for a company you want to work with and for?
As an inclusive, forward thinking business, we take pride in our approach to Engineering across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated Food Engineering Degree Apprentice to be part of a high performance team at our advanced manufacturing site in Hereford.
What are the key benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship?
• Full-time permanent role from day one along with a competitive starting salary
• 5 year structured programme of technical development whilst gaining personal development skills to carry you throughout your career
• Study part-time for your degree through Harper Adams University – whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
• You will be released on a 1 week block residential per module to study at Harper Adams University, near Telford, Shropshire.
• Did we mention it’s 100% free? We’re sponsoring the costs of your degree – You will get the best of both worlds – with all the benefits of hands on practical job with an industry leading company, and opportunity to study and earn a degree.
Purpose of the Role
As a Food Engineering Degree Apprentice, you will work to gain an in-depth knowledge and applied understanding of Food Engineering, whilst developing the practical skills needed to develop a successful career within the food manufacturing industry. In the first year, you will undergo technical training to operate as Continuous Improvement or Reliability Engineers. This will include the development of practical hard skills, root cause analysis, trend analysis and maintenance techniques.
Your key responsibilities as a Food Engineering Degree Apprentice will be:
• To support the Engineering Team with a fresh and innovative way of thinking to ensure that our advanced automated technology is working productively and efficiently.
• Work to solve operational problems and have an impact on operational performance within a FMCG environment.
• Use the skills you are gaining within your off the job learning to help you excel within your day to day role.
What we are looking for:
As a Food Engineering Degree Apprentice, we are looking for a driven and ambitious person to join our team. To be successful you will:
• Be enthusiastic and well-disciplined as our degree apprenticeship is heavily focused on attitude and behaviour
• Exhibit initiative and be passionate for innovation and technology
• Be an excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
• Have high analytical capability with the ability to think logically
• Have the ability to think logically and to work both independently and as part of a team
To be eligible, you need:
This programme is designed for those with A-levels or equivalent, but no degree. Applicants that do not have the below qualifications may still meet the entry requirements based on their work experience and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
• 7 GCSE’s A-C including Maths and English (4-9)
Plus one of the following:
• 96 UCAS points at A Level including Maths and a STEM subject
• Food & Drink Maintenance Engineer Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3
• D*DD (minimum 12 units at D & an appropriate Level 3 Maths Unit at Distinction) – BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
• D*DD (minimum 12 units at D & an appropriate Level 3 Maths Unit at Distinction) – City & Guilds Level 3 Extended diploma
A little about us:
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe which include:
• Virtual interview process
• Daily temperature screening
• Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
• Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
• Face coverings required in all shared spaces
• Increased cleaning regimes across sites
• Virtual meetings and remote working
What’s in it for you?
As a valued member of our team you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognized and rewarded.
Successful Degree Apprentices will graduate from Harper Adams University (voted as the UK’s top rated modern university for five years running) with a BEng (Hons) Food Engineering degree, and have the skills and experience for a rewarding career in the food sector.
You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• £19,000 starting salary with all university fees paid for
• Generous pension scheme
• Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
If you have any questions regarding this role or would like any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
The closing date for applications is Friday 18th June 2021.
*Harper Adams University was voted UK's best Modern University 2017 and 2018.