Network Engineer Level 4 Apprentice
We are 01T - a new kind of network operator.
"Born out of a frustration at the way things are done now, and powered by a belief that they can be done better".
We have been setup to simplify network services, with a focus on global reach and exceptional service. We operate a global network, with a 100 Gbps backbone across 7 countries, and have connected capacity via interconnects to a further 100+ countries.
Across the world — in gaming, pharmaceuticals, finance, media and more — companies seek intelligent ways to get data from one place to another. 01T focus only on this challenge. Our specialist team design, deliver and manage networks, to fly your data from A to B.
This is all we do.
- Prioritise and resolve incidents raised directly by Customers into NOC or through monitoring systems
- Utilise monitoring systems to proactively identify and resolve potential issues
- Conduct a thorough first line technical analysis of incidents including collection and analysis of relevant diagnostics
- Use Management Platforms and system tools to aid clear logical substantiated analysis of incidents
- Work with Customer site contacts to carry out initial triage
- Ensure consistent, accurate and timely updates to tickets
- Ensure timely internal and external communications per SLA
- Handle Customer calls into Network Operations whilst on shift
- Ensure detailed handover to next shift of all open issues and planned maintenance
- Add, Remove, Configure network devices, updating the monitoring system and documentation
- Complete Infrastructure documentation and knowledge base development to improve team knowledge and troubleshooting
- You will deliver all set targets to contribute to a successful business function in line with the strategic objectives.
As well as:
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieving and exceeding customer satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Handle customer queries, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the expected time frame and follow up to ensure resolution
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, potentially covering extending working hours
- Desire to learn new technologies, develop advanced networking skills and share them across the team
- Strong desire and knowledge to work within Network Service Provider industry and in a close-knit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Knowledge of Network/IT Operations in the Service Provider industry
- Basic Knowledge of Incident Management processes and prioritisation
- Basic Knowledge of monitoring systems, network management platforms
- Basic Knowledge of Network Protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, PING, TRACEROUTE
- Basic Knowledge of Network equipment, switches, routers, firewalls
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a combination of fault types at any given time
5 GCSE’s and extended diploma in IT or an IT A-Level.
Possibility of full time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.