Warehouse/Delivery Operative Apprenticeship
You don't need any experience as we can teach you everything. This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving business. We are passionate about developing and growing our own talent to have a long and successful career with us.
As a Delivery Operative Apprentice, you'll take on a full-time role working alongside our experts, learning the whole customer journey and how The Sofa Delivery Company provides an expert service to our customers and brand partners.
Starting in one of our Customer Delivery Centres, you'll work with our operations teams and learn how to effectively manage the inbound flow of goods into our sites and prepare our customer's orders onto vans ready for the delivery teams.
You will work with our sofa installation experts on the last leg of the customer journey to deliver goods into our customer's homes. Learn how our stock management and routing systems work while on the job and how to quality check and deliver expert customer service.
To support your development in the role, you'll complete the Level 2 Express Delivery Operative Apprenticeship and Duke of Edinburgh Business Gold Award over 18 months.
To apply for this apprenticeship you must have held a full UK driving license for 6+ months.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that goods are loaded safely and securely into our vans for the delivery crews
- Check inbound goods are of the correct standard
- Support the deliveries into customers' homes
- Use stock management and delivery systems to organise and track customer deliveries
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the business furniture portfolio