Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Fennies have 25 years' experience of providing high quality children's day nurseries in modern, wonderfully resourced settings, allowing babies, toddlers and pre-school children to learn, play and flourish. They are the john Ruskin college's apprenticeship employer of the year award winner 2016.
Successful candidates will gain experience and knowledge in all areas of day to day nursery life and good childcare practice in order to start a fulfilling career
An applicant's prior learning and experience will be taken into consideration and you will be placed on the most appropriate apprenticeship programme, whether this be Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2 or Early Learning and Childcare (Early Years Educator) Level 3.
You will work alongside qualified staff across all areas of the nursery age range (0-5 years) to develop your practical skills in caring for young children.
Your responsibilities will include supporting children in play and learning activities, everyday care routines such as meal and sleep times, enhancing the environment with displays of children's work, observing and record keeping of children's development and planning to meet their individual needs supported by establishing positive relationships with parents and carers.
To provide high quality care and education for under 5's by:
- Learning the planning cycle and beginning to contribute to curriculum plans
- Carrying out planned activities with small groups of children, supported by the room leader
- Following nursery routines and activities, offering attention and support to all children
- Contributing observations to children's development on tapestry
- Having small amount of key children and be responsible for tracking their development, with guidance from supervisor
- Preparing displays, ensuring they stimulate vocal and receptive responses
- Actively promoting each child's self esteem