Nursery Assistant Apprentice
6 days left
- 12-18 months
Purpose of Post
Working under the guidance of the Nursery Leader, to work as part of the nursery team to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Support for Pupils
- Ensure that activities are carried out in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with statutory responsibilities, and to advise the nursery leader of any concerns over children, equipment etc.
- Ensure that the nursery offers the highest standards of physical and emotional care, health and safety, and personal and food hygiene at all times.
- Work creatively with children within the early year's framework, as instructed by the Nursery Leader.
- Daily interaction with children, providing a range of stimulating activities to promote all areas of learning, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Change nappies and attend to toileting duties as required.
- Communicating and handing over to parents.
Support for Nursery Leader
- Assist with the planning of the curriculum by providing safe, creative and appropriate educational opportunities for all children within an inclusive environment, preparing activities, organising programmes and arranging equipment.
- Use strategies in liaison with the Nursery Leader to support children to achieve learning goals.
Support for the School
- Accompany staff and children, as appropriate, on visits, trips, and out of school activities, and take responsibility for a group under the supervision of a teacher.
- Act in a professional manner at all times in line with school policy.
- Adhere to staff code of conduct.
- Follow Safeguarding processes and procedures at all times.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure that children have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Contribute to the overall ethos / work / aims of the school.
- Maintain constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies / professionals, in liaison with the nursery leader, to support the achievement and progress of the pupils.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
Any other duties that would reasonably be expected of the post holder.
At Albrighton Primary School, you will be working towards an Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Level 3 standard over the course of 15 months