AF Fasteners, Glossop – Science Manufacturing Technician (Level 3 Apprenticeship)
AF Fasteners manufactures and supplies aerospace precision critical fasteners.
The CNC operative is responsible for the operation, calibration, and maintenance of the CNC machinery.
Candidate will be mentored and trained as below:
- Operation of 2 and 3 axis CNC turning machinery.
- Ability to read and understand basic technical/mechanical part drawings.
- Cleanliness, and responsibility of keeping own work area clean and clear of hazards.
- Calibration and use of measuring equipment i.e. Caliper Gauge, Micrometer, Shadowgraph in both metric and imperial units.
- CNC programme selection and basic settings/adjustments.
- Tool changing and general maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Understanding of all associated paperwork, route cards and processes.