Chemical Engineer Operator, Stainless Plating, Sheffield – Laboratory Technician (L3 Apprenticeship)
Brief overview of the role Electro plate aerospace/commercial components, which include setting up the plating equipment, tanks, and fixtures. Performs tank maintenance, verifies, and adds materials to maintain tank chemistry as required to the specifications.
- Turn the tanks on obtain temperature, adds materials, as necessary.
- Following technical data prepares the component for plating.
- Wax, trim, dry hone, blows out internal cavities with air.
- Ultrasonic clean, racks components to plate.
- Adjusts amperage, voltage, observes gauges to ensure plating requirements are within range.
- Connects anodes and cathodes and plates component to specification.
- Measure’s thickness, using XRF measuring technique.
- When necessary, calculates additional plating time to achieve thickness.
- Correctly document travellers after operations have been performed.
- Accurately updates logbooks.
- Ensures compliance with Company quality requirements.
- Adheres to all Company safety standards and requirements PPE.
- Maintain, implement, and improve 5-S Principles.
- Follow and utilize Lean Manufacturing principles
- Adhere to and promote Corporate Values and Code of Ethical Standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.