Trainee Claims Adjuster Apprenticeship with AIG
An exciting and progressive opportunity to join one of the world’s leading insurance companies. Through an immersive and accelerated learning programme called AIG Advance. AIG Advance will provide you with exposure to the entire insurance lifecycle; how AIG distributes its products, calculates premiums, settles claims with a key focus to support our clients and customers. Specifically, in this role, you will gain an insight into how AIG manages claims across various product lines, providing a customer focused, efficient claims handling service. This is a terrific opportunity to earn and learn about an industry that is growing and important to the operation of every business segment in the world.
AIG helps clients reduce and manage risks through the use of global claims data, fraud trend analysis, market leading insights, and a dedicated professional network of specialist adjusters. A proactive partnership with the customer is key to resolving claims quickly, understanding potential risks, and learning ways to avoid a loss. Our claims professionals partner closely with underwriting, ensuring consistent claims service and greater proficiency in the management of losses to help keep the client’s company safe and strong.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities for the Role:
To perform claim tasks for different AIG business areas.
1. To undertake defined claims handling duties in line with standard operating procedures and service level agreements to support and assist Claims Handlers.
- Maintain accurate system data and documentation by collecting, recording, analysing, and summarising information.
- Meet all agreed and approved Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Work with other stakeholders (e.g. underwriting, actuarial, finance) to broaden knowledge of the insurance market.
2. To develop the required claims handling knowledge and skills to effectively support the claims process.
- Be able to identify key risks associated with specific industry sectors and individual clients
- Understand the various insurance products that AIG offers our clients and customers, plus a basic understanding of AIG’s underwriting strategy and vision.
- Understand the claims lifecycle.
- Understand AIG’s Treating Customers Fairly principles and AIG Complaints Handling Protocols and apply across all claims handling activities.
- Understand claims authority levels.
- Communicate with underwriters and other departments, if appropriate.
- Adhere to all Compliance requirements.
3. To undertake all learning and developmental aspects relating to the AIG Advance programme e.g. CII Cert qualification, off-the-job and on-the-job activities and tasks.
- Utilise internal on-line training tools and undertake the targeted Chartered Insurance Institute training programmes
AIG - Employer
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organisation. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Predicted 112 UCAS points (i.e. BBC at A-Level or equivalent) plus five grade 9-4 (A*-C) GCSE’s including Maths and English
- Strong communication skills to engage with a wide range of diverse individual
- Good organisational skills are required to ensure prioritisation and find effective solutions to any problems that you may encounter
- Strong teamwork skills are essential to develop relationships with colleagues when working towards a common project or purpose
- Good analytical skills to research and analyse key factors to determine and recognise patterns to inform business decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to build and grow relationships with both internal colleagues and external stakeholders
- Drive: You have the determination to work harder than most and make sure things get done. You pride yourself on seeing things getting completed and you take charge when necessary. You drive yourself with purpose and align yourself with excellence.
- Self-reliance: You can shoulder responsibilities and be accountable. You make hard decisions and stand by them. To think for yourself is to know yourself.
- Integrity: Honesty is the best policy for everything you do; integrity creates character and defines who you are.
- Passion: If you want to succeed, it’s important that you have passion for what you do and what you learn.