Apprentice - Level 3 Cyber Security Technician
An Apprenticeship with the National Trust IT Department, working with several different teams (4 - 6 months with each team) learning from and assisting in a number of different areas relating to the Apprenticeship Standard.
To apply for this role, please submit a covering letter which introduces yourself and answers the following questions:
- What do you understand about an Apprenticeship?
- What do you know about the organisation and what attracts you to this role?
- What skills do you think are the most important for a Cyber Security Technician ?
Following the successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to continue development via the Trust's IT Academy into relevant vacancies that may be available at the time.
For more information please visit apprenticeshipWhat it's like to work here
IT is a busy, dynamic department delivering and supporting the technology required to enable the Trust to deliver on its strategic objectives. Our vision is to equip and support the Trust with the technology we all need to do our jobs confidently. Working collaboratively with all areas of the Trust, we focus on delivering the Trust's priority information services at pace, focusing on the needs of our people and supporters. We are continuously improving and securing Trust information services and take great pride in what we do.
The Apprenticeship will start September 2021
What you'll be doing
You will be working with your Trust Line Manager/ Mentor on tasks specific to your apprenticeship. You'll attend, and prepare for, monthly review meetings with your Provider Mentor and be accountable for your own progression in relation to the Apprenticeship Standard. You will be required to complete and upload relevant evidence to the appropriate e-portfolio system to document your progress as well as maintain timesheets for Off-the Job training. You will abide by the Trust's ways of working and uphold our Values and Behaviours. You will be required to complete mandatory e-learning, courses and training provided as well as preparing for exams if applicable.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.
Applications will be assessed against the below criteria as well asthe content of your cover letter
Who we're looking for
- Team player with the ability to work independently or as part of a wider team
- Keen to learn, be committed to self-development and enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies
- Experience in technology and IT with the use of business tools such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Confident communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Organised with a good attention to detail
- 3 A Levels at grades A - C or equivalent and 5 GCSEs at grades A - C (9 - 4) including English and Maths or equivalent
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.