We are looking for an enthusiastic web developer who is keen to learn and add to their existing web development skills. They will learn how web development in an agency environment works, from start to finish.
This is an incredible opportunity to learn the fundamental skills necessary to start a career in web development. Training is provided by highly skilled professional web developers who will equip you with the knowledge and experience to fast track your way to becoming a web developer. Everything you learn during the training sessions will be absolutely current and applicable to your work.
In the workplace you will be designated a Mentor - an experienced web developer who will be responsible for your learning at work. Group training will also be provided with other web development apprentices and we use Slack (industry standard messaging app) to keep in touch with all the apprentices, mentors, trainers and past apprentices across the country. At various points in the year groups of apprentices will get together for residential field trips, for example a conference, hackathon, group training or team building.
Your duties will include:
- Work with the development team on existing and new projectsto create, maintain and improve client website
- Attend discovery and planning meetings to help the team decide what to build
- Attend and input into development team meetings
- Assist the support team with assigning support tickets and keeping clients informed of progress, completing tickets as skills improve
- Assist the QA team with automated and manual testing of websites and applications
- Content administration - Use CMS interface to create and update content on client sites
- Site Administration - Use CMS interface to create and administer different types of content, lists of content, tags, users, displays and templates
We are looking for Apprentice Web Developers; people that enjoy programming, coding and building websites. You must be passionate about web development, self-motivated, determined to learn and develop new skills, and driven to succeed.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- We are looking for someone who shows an interest in web development and an enthusiasm for learning new things
- Someone who uses a range of learning resources to develop new skills, such as online, books or trial and error
- You will definitely need to enjoy learning and exploring, as there's always something new to master in this industry and everything changes pretty fast
- Web development is not just about code, you will need to be able to communicate well with your team and maybe clients too
- You'll also need to be reliable and have a can-do approach to your workload
- Asking questions is often key to developing new skills quickly but you will also be required to research and learn things by yourself
- Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills
- You will need to be punctual, reliable, honest and have a strong work ethic
- You must be able to work as part of a team and contribute to team meetings, but also able to work on your own to targets and deadlines
- Ideally 5 A*-C (9-4)GCSEs or equivalents including English and maths
- If you do well in this apprenticeship you may be offered a permanent position
- The experience and training on this apprenticeship should give you the level of skills required to work as a Junior Web Developer