Commis Chef Apprentice
The Axe & Compass is situated in the idyllic rural village of Ringstead, which is nestled in the beautiful Northamptonshire countryside in a peaceful hamlet between Wellingborough, Rushden, Kettering and Corby. We are looking to recruit a commis chef apprentice to become part of their team and learn and develop within their role.
Main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Learning the different menus
- Learning the recipes for each meal
- Chopping and prepping of vegetables and fruit
- Making sure all stations are clear and cleaned correctly
- Checking stock and making sure everything is stocked correctly
- Assisting the chef
- Chopping and choosing of herbs
Skills and personal qualities required:
- Passion for cooking
- Works well in a team
- Can work well within a fast paced environment
- Can work well under pressure
- Good customer service skills, speaking professionally and politely to colleagues and customers
- Good attention to detail
- Willing to learn and develop new skills on the job
Wage: National apprenticeship wage - £4.15 per hour
There will be opportunities throughout the apprenticeship for wage to be increased.
Working Hours: Will be required to work weekends and bank holidays, two days off a week.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Apply for Commis Chef Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly