2 year apprenticeship
Do you want to work for one of the UK's leading housing and care service providers in the UK? Are you somebody who is open to new opportunities, works to achieve high standards and is customer focused? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a trade apprentice to join our company.
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK's leading housing and care providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions.
With 30 years of delivering market-leading repairs and maintenance services, Mears is trusted to deliver in excess of 6,000 repairs daily to a portfolio of more than 1,000,000 homes nationwide.
We provide tailored rapid-response and planned maintenance services through partnering arrangements with more than 70 local authorities, Arm's Length Management Organisations and Housing Associations.
What we are looking for:
An enthusiastic apprentice who will work under the direction, guidance and supervision of an experienced mentor to support the delivery of excellent refurbishment, repairs and maintenance service, whilst working to achieve a number of skills and qualifications.
We are looking for the following 5 apprentices altogether:
1 x Electrician
1 x Plumber
1 x Carpenter
1 x Roofer
1 x Groundworker
What you need to have:
- Functional skills in both Math's and English
- The ability to learn and develop a thorough knowledge of the skills, technology and safety procedures required to carry out the full range of tasks
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to understand and interpret work instructions
- Be able to establish and maintain good customer/client relationships
What's in for you?
- Hourly rate - GBP5.59 (depending on age)
- 20 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
For further information please contact Tom Noble - at Mears Group, otherwise, if you feel you have skills needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.