IT Support Apprentice
Althaus; an alternative digital apprenticeship provider, has teamed with a manufacturer and window supplier, to offer this exciting vacancy as an IT Support Apprentice.
About the company
Founded in 1974, It has remained a family-owned company.
Since originally established, they have grown to be a manufacturer as well as a supplier of windows and doors, offering a complete home improvement service throughout Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Newark and surrounding areas.
The company also sells direct to Trade all over the country under their trading name and its one of the UK’s largest trade fabricators, and has won many awards, including Fabricator of the year in 2019.
Apprenticeship title: IT Support Apprentice Type: IT Solutions Apprenticeship
Role Overview: Provide software and hardware support to our internal systems, plus remote support to Trade customers.
- Microsoft Windows 10, 7 and XP
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Teams/SharePoint
- VMWare/V-Sphere – monitoring/setting up hosts
- VEEAM backup software
- SAGE 200
- 1st/2nd Line support for in-house and customers
- TeamViewer remote support
- Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Network switches/routers (CAT6/Fibre)
- Cabling CAT6
- Remote sites/connections
- Building/upgrading/installing PCs
- Barcode equipment – setup/install
- Mobile phones/PDAs
- Development (We develop/maintain some of our internal systems so there would be scope for the right candidate to be involved/learn programming)
- C#/VB.Net Desktop
- C# .net Core Web
- ASP.net Web
- VB6/VBA legacy apps
Outgoing with good verbal and written skills
Working Week: 40 Hours
Monday-Thursday 8am to 5pm
30 days paid holiday (including statutory days)
Wage: National minimum apprentice wage
Apply for IT Support Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly