DevOps Engineer Apprentice
IMP Software is a specialist provider of strategic financial planning software in the Multi-Academy Trust sector. As a market leading business 'in the making', within a thriving and growing industry, IMP can offer an exciting, fast moving and rewarding career with steep progression opportunities for ambitious and dedicated professionals.
At IMP we are very aware that the success of our business will be directly correlated to the quality of the team that we can attract and more importantly - retain! Due to this core belief, IMP offers fantastic career progression within a business that places huge importance on the happiness of the team, through our respectful, fun(!) and supportive culture + flexible working, regular socials and funded/encouraged CPD.
Our system is in production and used by 700+ schools and we're taking on new trusts every week, so require a DevOps engineer to develop Infrastructure-as-Code and CI/CD Pipeline solutions to allow us to increase the pace of deployment in order to deliver features whilst preserving the stability and quality of our service.
Overview / Main role:
We have an exciting new opportunity for a DevOps Engineer with IMP Software Ltd, a Software-as-a-Service provider to the education sector, this role is home based and would suit anyone within 2hrs travel from Peterborough.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to maintain and develop our platform, working with Azure DevOps, Infrastructure-as-Code ARM Templates, Bicep, PowerShell, and Azure services in order to allow our development team to rapidly and reliably iterate our solution to provide a great experience to our customers.
- Understanding and documenting our existing infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
- Building Infrastructure-as-Code deployments using ARM Templates/Bicep in order to push changes to development and production environments on a Desired State basis
- Developing CI/CD pipelines using YAML/PowerShell for greater reliability and reduced downtime
- Developing and administering monitoring solutions using Azure App Insights for early warnings of issues and performance concerns
- Feed into the disaster recovery plan for our production environment
- Apply a security-first mentality, continuously assessing and monitoring security issues and remediation
- Assist with other DevOps tasks as required
- College qualification or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Strong knowledge of Azure or similar modern cloud infrastructure providers
- Strong experience implementing Infrastructure-as-Code and/or CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell
- Experience with Windows operating system environments
- Familiar with container orchestration services such as Docker
- Passionate about uptime and release intensity
- Deeply concerned about data privacy and security
- Excellent software knowledge and a thirst for more
- Enjoys a dynamic role that's constantly evolving, in a small team that strives to be the best in the industry
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM* subject and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- 2 years' experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- The right candidate will move onto a Microsoft Certified DevOps Engineer Expert qualification.
- We're still a small team, so there's a great opportunity to get in at the bottom floor and develop alongside the company. The product range is moving fast, so this is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of shaping how we do things in the future.
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.