We are proud to be launching our new Management Trainee Programme, recruiting over 30 future stars in our first intake to start in September 2021! We are recruiting for Trainee Assistant Site Managers, Trainee Quantity Surveyors, Trainee Technical Coordinators and Trainee Estimators.
As an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor, you will provide support to the wider Surveying and Estimating team and gain experience across an array of Commercial activities and practice whilst gaining experience, training, and relevant qualifications to further your professional career.
What do I need to achieve and deliver to be effective in this job?
- Receive an introduction to the role of a Quantity Surveyor and a general grounding in the construction process through understanding Commercial techniques, an introduction to our standard documents and software and familiarisation with our product and on-site practice through site visits
- Liaise with the wider Surveying team to establish requirements for pre-contract expenditure and strategic procurement, assisting the Assistant Quantity Surveyor and Quantity Surveyor where required
- Work alongside the wider Surveying and Estimating team to determine allowances in tender sum for specification and employer's requirements, understanding our processes and procedures
- Assist in agreeing the selection of suitable subcontractors for works packages and maintaining and reviewing the approved list of subcontractors in accordance with company procedure
- Assist in the preparation of Production Forecast cash flow and monitor client cashflows on a monthly basis where appropriate
- Assist with the preparation of tender evaluations (A1 and C6 accounts forms) for approval/signing by the authorised signatory
- Assist in the agreement of subcontractor interim and final accounts, including any variations, and working on the preparation of monthly cost to completes and other financial information
- Assist in the application of retention releases in accordance with relevant contract retention release clauses
- Assist with the processing of subcontractor payments on a monthly basis
- Assist in keeping the RAMS schedule updated and issued to all relevant parties
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager to support the wider team
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You will possess a high level of mathematical ability and problem-solving skills, with a methodical and logical approach to your work; a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is desirable for the role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a wider team, prioritising and organising your own workload
- Good IT skills - good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- As our ideal ApprenticeQuantity Surveyoryou will need to be passionate for success, self-motivated and driven, looking to develop your career within this industry, and interested in learning about a wide variety of Infrastructure aspects
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- You will have a keenness to take on additional training/qualifications as required and to acquire a sound knowledge of quantity surveying in the building industry process
- A keenness to learn and develop in your role, both practically through the nature of the work and also by obtaining relevant academic qualifications as required
4 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) includingmaths and English.
A minimum of a Level 3/BTEC Diploma/2 A Levels (or equivalent).
Full and valid driving licence (would be an advantage due to the nature of the role).Future prospects
Our two-year Management Trainee Programme is designed to develop exceptional housebuilding professionals in the Countryside way. You will be funded and supported to complete a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship whilstearning a competitive salary and rewarding benefits package, with a progressive pathway to further your career at Countryside.