Income and Gift Aid Accounts Assistant Apprentice
- Ensure income processing procedures are followed.
- Ensure that income recorded on the accounting system (Dynamics GP) agrees to what is recorded on the fundraising database (Raisers Edge).
- Ensure the breakdown of income from donation agencies reconciles to what has been received in the bank.
- Handle and process standing orders and standing orders files.
- Manage the direct debit process ensuring compliance with the relevant rules and regulations.
- Reconcile credit and debit card donations to amounts actually received.
- Journal analysed income on Raisers Edge to Dynamics GP ensuring that income can be traced back to Raisers Edge records from Dynamics GP.
- Ensure that income is only recorded as restricted if in line with the restricted funds policy.
- Ensure the ex gratia payment policy is followed in relation to the return of donations.
- Maintain the restricted funds reconciliation and ensure it's kept up to date. Make fundraising aware where funds have been fully utilised and ensure donation processing do not accept restrictions where all expenditure has already been allocated.
- Assist with the claiming of gift aid.
- Chasing and compiling credit card claim forms and entering them onto the accounting system.
- Ensuring that all amounts charged on a MS Society card are in line with the MS Society's expenses policy and payment card policy. Reporting to the Financial Controller where this doesn't occur.
- Ensure that all amounts charged on a MS Society card are coded correctly and can be reconciled back to the card holder.
- Provide cover for the purchase ledger and treasury sections of the team.
Requirements and prospects
- Undertaking complex account reconciliations work
- Application of basic financial accounting
- Used a mid-tier accounting system
- Excellent IT skills, in particular in relation to Excel
- Demonstrable commitment to collaborative teamwork
- Demonstrable commitment to inclusive working, ensuring equality and valuing diversity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and workload management skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Part qualified accountant - AAT, ACCA, CIMA etc. Must have studied the basics of financial accounting
All opportunities within the organisation are advertised internally to all colleagues.