This hands-on experience is complemented by one day per week at university where you will be studying for a BEng (Hons) in Building Services Engineering. Many of our Apprentices go on to achieve Chartered Engineer status.
The following link will give you further details via the Level 6 Building Services Design Engineer Apprenticeship Standard:
A Building Services Design Engineer will manage a team of engineers and technicians and will collaborate with other construction professionals to design the various services found in buildings and infrastructure projects. The work typically includes systems such as renewable and emerging technologies, energy management, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, drainage, lighting, power, water services, building management systems, life-safety systems, communications and building transportation (e.g. lifts). Buildings and infrastructure take on many forms from newly built facilities to the refurbishment of premises for every sector of industry. As building services design engineers they could be working in a design consultancy, a contractor, or a manufacturing company.
Building Services Design Engineers will undertake the technical and commercial management of projects which provide engineering design solutions to maintain and enhance the quality of the environment and community. They will ensure that business, client, and end user needs are taken into account and work within financial and safety constraints. They will employ current and emerging technology to produce innovative engineering design solutions for development, manufacture, and construction.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of any relevant design software or willingness to learn
- Knowledge / keen interest in engineering principles
- Strong team player but also able to work well on own initiative
- Passion for Building Services Design Engineering
- Proactive and willing to contribute and develop ideas
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic and goal-orientated
- 112 UCAS points(or equivalent)
- A Levels: Minimum B, B, C required to include maths (at least grade B) and Physics or Chemistry(or equivalent)
- BTEC Level 3: Minimum D, D, M required in general 'Engineering' or 'Civil Engineering' (or Level 3 Civil Engineering Apprenticeship) (or equivalent)
- GCSEs at grades B/6 or above(or equivalent)includingmaths, English Language, and a science
Excellent opportunity to first work towards becoming an Incorporated Engineer with the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers with full support of a dedicated Mentor and Line Manager, and then work towards becoming fully Chartered. There are great opportunities to progress your career and experience a diverse range of learning & development opportunities with Waterman.Things to consider
Applications should be made to email@example.com by submitting a CV.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them directly. Doing so could jeopardise your application.