Our client is a software and IT solutions company, specialising in using the latest techniques and technologies to solve business problems.
They connect, streamline and centralise data, so that day to day business operations run smoothly in a wide range of sectors from education and transport to property management and hospitality and many more. The company also offers sophisticated yet simple to use display and interactive digital presentation technology. As a business, it's focus is on forming long term relationships with it's clients, so that their equipment is maintained, updated and given the best possible protection from cyber attack on an ongoing basis.
Based in Telford, the company take time to listen and consult with their clients, working alongside them to understand their business needs and work collaboratively to find practical solutions.
As a Level 4 Software Developer Apprentice you will be undertaking a recognised apprenticeship qualification including Microsoft certifications, at the same time as working as part of the company'ssoftware development team.
You will work as part of the team to learn about the latest technologies used to deliver what the company needs.
You will be assisting with projects and gaining on the job knowledge whilst gaining a qualification.
Your main role and responsibilities will include:
- Writing web applications for customers websites
- Creating mobile applications for customer projects
- Providing software support
- Becoming a valued part of the Software Development team
- Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilise the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start to your professional career within the IT industry.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You will be enthusiastic about IT
- You must be proactivewanting to learn and self-learn
- You must have good communication skills, both face to face and on the phone
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within technology
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn't afraid to ask questions
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade for both GCSE or equivalents in maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You will have completed a Level 3 apprenticeship in Software Development and looking to develop further or someone who has created mobile apps as a hobby or studied games design.Future prospects
A full time permanent position is on offer when the apprenticeship is completed.Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates