Main responsibilities will include:
- Creating/updating process flows to support automation requests
- Design, development and support digital tools-based solutions
- Design workshops for process automation
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Demonstrated interest in Technology and Data
- Understanding of data architecture
- Able to develop a process flow based on interactions with end users
- Able to work for long periods without guidance
- Understanding of Office365 tools (or equivalent)
- Demonstrates teamwork, collaborative approach, among the first to volunteer to help others succeed
- Ability to engage with employees, peers and service consumers.
- Customer & delivery focus, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Can learn new skills and knowledge, picks up on technical and business challenges quickly
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM* (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) subject and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- 2 years' experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
Possibility to gain full-time permanent employment upon completion of the course.
Team Leader & Management potential will be assessed and identified for development into a position of enhanced responsibility.Things to consider
Things to consider / Benefits:
- 26 days holidays + Bank holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Medical Health
- Development Opportunities
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.