Commis Chef L2 Apprentice
Are you looking to learn new skills, gain new experiences and work towards a career in hospitality? Then The Alchemist X Tess apprenticeship could be right for you!
Our apprenticeship scheme offers successful candidates a full introduction into the cheffing world, inclusive of off-site visits to our development kitchen and suppliers, as well as thorough on-site training. This will not only make you a fully-fledged Alchemist chef but will also have you graduate with a City and Guilds qualification and leave you ready for your hospitality career.
We’ll give you the tools, skills and training you need to perform the job, and as we firmly believe happy chefs are the best chefs, you’ll enjoy it as you learn. Salary increases as you complete sections of the course.
Benefits also include:
- Free food and hot drinks on shift
- 50% off food when dining with guests in any of our restaurants
- Flexible rotas
- CodeApp membership with access to industry discounts across the country
- Guaranteed birthday + recovery day after off
- Currency of Kindness scheme allowing you to be paid to give back to local charities to your venue.
- Industry renowned training with fantastic career progression opportunities.
- Transparent Tronc policy where 100% of grats and service charge to go the team.
- Opportunity to have an input in specials
- 24hr access to employee assistance programme, with counselling, mental health support and financial and legal advice.
- Regular wellbeing activities and sessions.
Training to be provided:
This apprenticeship will not only make you a fully-fledged Alchemist chef but will also have you graduate with a City and Guilds qualification and leave you ready for your hospitality career.
Maths and English tuition are provided if required.
Areas covered on this apprenticeship will include:
- Industry principles, equipment and health and safety procedures
How to prepare and cook the following foods:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Meat and poultry
- Fish and shellfish
- Pasta, noodles, rice, eggs and vegetable protein
- Game and offal
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Bread, dough and pastry
- Cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
- Cold and hot desserts
Here at The Alchemist, we believe each and every member of the team has a vital part to play in the success of the company. That is why we offer huge amounts of training, are dedicated to career progression and can guarantee hard work and determination will be recognised.
Application deadline: 11/07/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Working Hours: Flexible Rota